Levente is among the founding partners of our firm now cooperating with us as an Of Counsel. Levente gained part of his professional experience during the sixteen years of working with international law firms (Kinstellar, Bird & Bird) heading the tax practice and as a tax advisor with one of the BIG4 advisory companies (Ernst & Young). Preceding to that, he was involved in state aid regulatory processes during the three years he spent in the state administration. As a tax qualified lawyer, Levente specialises in advising on transactions as well as on issues arising from day to day operations primarily in corporate income tax, value added tax and transfer tax. He has broad experience in tax litigation, in assisting clients during tax authority audits and also in criminal law procedures relating to suspected tax evasion.
Levente has significant knowledge of the complex legal issues arising in the field of state aid relating to large scale investment, R&D&I, transport sector and SMEs. He has particular expertise in European Union funds irregularity procedures and has assisted numerous clients in front of national and European authorities in connection to large investment projects. Besides of that he assists start-ups since 2014 in operational legal issues, equity investments and shareholders’ agreements.
Besides his diploma in law Levente also holds a master’s degree in business administration and is a qualified tax advisor. He is a member of the Budapest Bar and speaks fluent English and German.
In the past few years Levente he has advised numerous international transactions and commercial deals, including:
- high profile tax advisory in tax authority investigations for one of the largest American manufacturer of batteries and personal care products
- tax advisory in connection with a bond issue by one the largest Asian bank
- personal income tax advisory on the structuring of a global employee incentive scheme
- high profile corporate income tax advisory on the international restructuring of a major mobile telecommunication services provider company
- advising on tax and corporate law on the acquisition of an Ireland based developer of electronic design automation tools by the world’s leading semiconductor intellectual property supplier based in the UK
- tax advisory on the acquisition of a used aircraft fleet by a UK based aviation and distribution company
- acting in a wide range of state aid procedures (incl. structuring investment projects, investigations) for one of the leading manufacturers and distributors of veterinary products in the region
- advising one of the largest river port operators in the region on a complex state aid project
- leading the legal team revising the Hungarian regulation of EU funds irregularity procedures
- advising one of the world’s largest German car manufacturers on a state aid notification
- acting for numerous medium sized and large Hungarian clients on investigations performed by the European Anti-Fraud Office relating to alleged misuse of EU funds
- pro bono clients: Gyermek S.O.S, Symbo foundation, Hello Wood foundation